Sunday, April 25, 2010

So Blessed

I knew my birthday was going to be tough this year, and I was right. It was so hard knowing grandpa wasn't able to be a part of the day this year. In all of my 33 yrs, my grandpa has always been a part of it. If he wasn't there celebrating with me, he always called. Tears flowed Fri. night knowing the day was coming to a close and I hadn't gotten a phone call from him. I missed hearing his voice. Hearing him call me his Babe. Saying that he loved me. I feel the loss in every area of my life.

So while I was at my lowest, Friday, I went online to try to distract myself. And I got the best gift ever. I found so many wonderful b-day messages from friends. New and old. And from my Lupie girls'. I smiled and I laughed. Something I did very little of during the day. My girls' helped me thru the worst of it. The tears stopped and I was doing better. The sadness and grief lifted. My girls' helped me thru a tough day. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful friends in my life. Pulling for me. Reminding me that I'm a strong woman when life becomes a little too much to handle. My girls' wrap me in a blanket of love and support. They're there comforting me on the bad days and rejoicing with me on the good. Thanks, girls', you're the best!!

I AM BLESSED

2 comments: